Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Border
This page is for anyone that is going to border for parts or has parts at the border needimg for someone to pick them up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do the officers ask if you got stuff for other people. If you are over the personal limit it doesn't matter right?
"...because without pictures/videos, it didn't happen."
| Gary (plus Teresa and Jack) | RRJC Club Treasurer | 2013 JKUR in Rock Lobster |
Yeah, not sure how that works. I've always had to produce paperwork for what i was bringing across.
Yes you always need the bill

Perhaps it's to do with you cannot use your exemption for something someone else bought or you are not going over your limit transporting other people's goods based on literal I interpretation of "Value of your goods?"
| Gary (plus Teresa and Jack) | RRJC Club Treasurer | 2013 JKUR in Rock Lobster |
I do know if you are anywhere close to the limit... give an EXACT amount because I received quite the lecture once claiming my limit and showing receipts for a total $47 under it.

FYI - Groceries don't count but definition of what they are is vague.
What I have noticed is anything 200 and under they don't care about

That's if you stay 24h to under 48h. 48h to under 7 days is exempt for $800 but it must be with you. The over 7 days limit does not change the amount but it does let you ship it via other means.

What conditions apply to your personal exemptions?
You cannot combine your personal exemptions with another person's or transfer them to someone else.
In addition, you cannot combine your 48-hour exemption (CAN$800) with your seven-day exemption (CAN$800) for a total exemption of CAN$1,600.
In general, the goods you include in your personal exemption must be for your personal or household use. Such goods include souvenirs that you purchased, gifts that you received from friends or relatives living outside Canada or prizes that you won.
Goods you bring in for commercial use or for another person do not qualify for the exemption and are subject to applicable duty and taxes. In all cases, goods you include in your 24-hour exemption (CAN$200) or 48-hour exemption (CAN$800) have to be with you upon your arrival in Canada.
Except for tobacco and alcohol, goods you claim in your seven-day exemption (CAN$800) may be shipped to your home by mail, courier or other means of transportation.

more info here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/....html#s2x9

This answers my question about why they ask, "Are all the goods yours".
chances are pretty good im goiing to pembina parcel this week to finisih my rubicon t-case transfer install. if you have stuff there, i could p/u stuff for someone,. JUST NEED YOUR PAPER WORK, DELILVERED TO MY DOOR, FORT GARRY